Dani Sellars, of Edward Sellars was a gracious hostess this evening as we were treated to tasting the current wines on the tasting list as well as were given an informative vineyard tour.
Here are a few things I learned at Edward Sellars today:
- Edward Sellars Vineyards are a beautiful 30 acre vineyard full of Rhone varietals on the west side of Paso Robles
- The Rhone varietals grown are: Red: Syrah, Mouvedre, and Grenache; White: Grenache Blanc Marsanne and Roussanne
- This vineyard is in its 6th leaf, which means this will be their 6th harvest from these vines, or they planted the vines 6 years ago.
- Edward Sellars grows and produces primarily Rhone varietal wines and blends but they do purchase grapes from other vineyards in the west side region of Paso Robles, including a few non-Rhone varietals including Zinfandel and Tempranillo.
- These non-Rhone varietals are used to create what Dani described as their "Rouge Rhone blends" These two wines are the Cognito (which is a blend of Mourvere, Zinfandel, Syrah & Grenache) and the Saboteaur (Tempranillo, Mourvedre, Syrah & Grenache).
|View of the vineyard from the patio just outside the tasting room at Edward Sellars.|
|Patio outside Edward Sellars Tasting Room.|
|Roussane (White, Rhone varietal) growing in the vineyards at Edward Sellars.|
Visit Edward Sellars Vineyards & Wines!Website: http://www.edwardsellers.com
Address: 1401 West Highway 46, Paso Robles, CA 93446
Phone: (805) 239.8915
Hours: Daily, 11am - 5pm